Thursday, August 12, 2010

Clinc Update

I had a clinic appointment yesterday, part of the grind. It was supposed to be the last on the weekly visits, but they screwed up and forgot to give me an IV so I have to go back next week. Then I get to only do every other week for 4 weeks! Wahoo! I was given the okay to drive too, since I'm getting off my patch. I can drive locally only for now, just to make sure I'm okay with it. They also moved some meds arounnd because this darn blood pressure isn't going down. Apparently, last week they failed to notice I was on 2 BP meds that wouldn't really change anything, so now we change it and wait for progress. My diabetes has gotten better under control too, even with me eating as much as I am now. (Finally the appetite is back!I even gained 3lbs since last week!) I take 14 units of Lantus in the morning and 7 units of Lantus at night. And if I feel like eating big, I add 3 of Novalog. Easy enough =) My PFTs were up just a little, because my predicted increased because my weight increased-and my PFTs stayed the same. Kind of confusing, but I get it. They explained this little cough I've had too. I have a weird little birth defect he thinks was irrated during the bronch. Where the bronchi split, I have a little pocket. Perfect for collecting anything. Its very little but its right where the nerves are, so it gets tickled if anything hits it, causing me to cough. I finally after a week actually coughed something up after clinic-I was so freaking excited to get it out-and it felt sooo good afterward!I'm also switch to Colliston instead of Tobi. I think Colli is better, though more expensive, and it helps open my share of costs. Tobi has been used on me foreve, so I was kind of worried that its not as effective. I'm hoping to get the E-flow, because mixing and time is a pain...not so much now, but if I ever go back to work. I'm lucky to have an awesome pharmacist in Tampa, she's been so patient with me and my wonderful insurance issues. LOL So, all in all, clinic went very well.
Afterward, we went to Ocala to get Jon's window switch fixed. He had tried on his own (as most men do) to fix it himself, but had ordered the wrong part twice so I made him go to the dealership. And lucky us, first try, it fit! And we didn't have to pay for labor because Jon switched it himself. Then, we headed back home...
Today we had the cable connected to the guest room finally. I felt so bad having people come stay here and help me, and have a lacklust guestroom. So unwelcoming! After they left, I let the dogs out in the backyard to run. Sarge hates having men other than Jon and my FIL in the house, he needed a run. What I didn't know, is the cable dude left the gate open, and Sarge and Henry got a much needed run-AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD! I panicked! It had been a good 5-6 minutes until I had noticed they weren't out there. I jumped in the car and stopped at every person I saw. The kid across the street, he's like 6, took forever telling me this story about how the dog barked at him and ran and the cockerspaniel followed...blah blah blah...HURRY UP KID! So finally, I took off and found them running the street behind our house. If you have ever seen Sarge run, he's about as fast-if not faster-than a greyhound. Henry was in tow. Happy to follow his brother to the end of the earth and back. They both crossed right in front of my car. Thank goodness Henry isn't the brightest, because I called his name and he stopped dead in his tracks, but I truly think Sarge couldn't hear me. I snatched that puppy up and threw him in the car to circle the neighborhood some more. I drove around everywhere, terrified of 2 things-1) Sarge was going to get dehydrated and black out and 2)I'd find him hit by a car in the road. The 2nd scared me the most. He's so fast, and has never been off a leash without us. He doesn't have fear of cars. I don't know what I would have done. Our little family would have been broken.
After searching for about 20 mintues, I had calmed a little and thought, "he's a very very smart dog, he knows where he's fed, maybe he went home". Sure enough, I drive by the house and there he is lying at the front door, tongue out and panting. He saw me pull up and you wouldv'e thought we had been seperated for years. He was crying, I was crying...He jumped in my lap while I was still in the car, hugging me. We were both soooo very happy! I don't think he'll ever go to far again. But if he does, he knows where he lives. Its the cars I worry about.
Anyways, everyone is home safe and sound now...I've got a few more things to do today and then I'm good to relax. And I can't wait-I get to drive to work tomorrow and see everyone! I'm beyond excited about that! Hope everyone's day is nice 'n' easy...with no dog chases!

No comments:

Post a Comment