Saturday, August 7, 2010

Quick Update

Just thought I'd fill in so as not to lose the "blogging" routine =) My BP and sugars are down today. I have increased my long acting insulin, so now the frequency of short acting shots are decreasing! And I think the BP is down because I did SO much walking today...I wish I was able to walk around this much during the week, but it is SO hot I feel like my insides are cooking through the bottom of my sneakers! Happy too, because I realized that I went over 2 days without my pain patch (Fentynal) and had only used the oral meds 2 times then. Pretty cool! Anyhow, we have a LOT to do tomorrow, and I don't feel like sleep is going to be good tonight because I've been so wound up all day. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend with someone they love, doing what they love, and breathing as nicely as I am.

PS-Please pray for two people tonight. One is my old neighbor's friend, who is 9 today. At his birthday party he had a seizure while swimming and was unconcious for 10 minutes. We pray he makes a full recovery, though no one knows now. And the second is very special to me-My mom's best friend, and like an aunt to me, Jean. Her boyfriend was found unconcious this morning on a popular biking trail. No one knows how long he was there or what had happened. He's in the ICU/Trauma unit right now being worked up. Pray for Jean and him, as she has found happiness in him, and what makes her happy makes me happy. He has not had it easy these past few months, and she's been his rock. My mom's as well when I was sick. So now, pray for her to have courage and strength and feel love through this endeavour. I love you Jean!! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment