Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Worst Blogger Ever!

Ok, so I promised myself that I would write here at least once a week and at least right after clinic. But I failed! Sorry guys, life has gotten crazy lately.
Last week started off awesome. I was counting the days until my cousin Jenn and the boys would come, then I would go back to Jacksonville with them for a mini-vacay. One of the best parts was on Monday I was able to get my blood drawn locally instead of driving 2 hours for an hour visit, and turn around and come home.
So I did my bloodwork Monday, and cleaned Tuesday in hopes to "baby-proof" the home. That never seems to work however, as I don't find a plug-in air freshner fascinating, but a 18 month old does. The boys are awesome, and it usually takes a few times to remind them not to touch, but they get it in the end. Plus our huge $2 baby gate investment was a great idea! Works for our dogs too...lol.
So Wednesday the gang arrived, and I was really excited, but also worried. I had been tired lately, and couldn't really pinpoint why. As always, we blame it on my doing too much. I let it go. We went to J.J's for dinner that night with Jon, Jenn, and the boys. I also was having a bad BAD case of the Predinsone cranky-ass. The annoying part was I knew I was being ridiculous! I wanted Jon to stay home and finish his 'to-do' list. Selfish of me, because he wasn't feeling his finest either (we've both been super busy this past month-and it continues next). So after dinner we headed home and called it an early night. The next morning I had to finish packing and record a video for my mom's class (...7 times! lol)
This was my first time packing for an overnight trip since transplant-and there was SO VERY MUCH to remember. I had to make sure I had the bottles of meds that they may call me and change, my pillcase, my nebs,neb cups,tubing, and inhaled meds...my BP cuff, my thermometer, my PFT machine, my notebook, my insulin pens(and extra), my insulin needles,lancets, and monitor..oh, and can't forget the test strips. Plenty of antibacterial hand sanitizer, clothes, swimsuit, regular bathroom supplies...The list goes on and on. So sad! I was already a pretty heavy packer-but now, I need a suitcase for my meds only!
Morning came, we packed and headed out! I was really excited to get to Jacksonville! I was going to see my brother's new apartment, go swimming, go shopping, and hang with my family. The best part of it all-it was going to force me to rest, and stop being so OCD at my house. I had lost control! I was cleaning things 5-6 times-in a row! When we got there, I saw my bro's apartment-it was so cute! Perfect for him and his girlfriend...and a little bittersweet, seeing how he's grown into a young adult. We then went to Matt's work to give him the night with the boys so my cousin and I could go shopping sans kids. We got our shop on...for me, regretfully- long story.
By the time we got home, the boys were in bed and I was ready too. Matt had said Will was sounding kind of wheezy, so Jenn went and checked on him. Sure enough, he was more than wheezy-poor baby! He was gasping randomly for air, and when he'd cough he sounded like a barking seal. It was really scary. I immediately thought it sounded like croup. When I was babysitting Paigey years ago, she had gotten it, and I got sick right along with her. Rob stayed home from work that day and took care of us both. So Jenn decided to sleep in Will's room until the morning when we'd take him to the doc immediately. He woke up fine, not really coughing as severly, but a little cranky (I would be too after a night like he had had.)
The doc confirmed-it was Croup. Good. We have a diagnosis, but what do we do? She said a bunch of kids this time of year(due to school starting) are coming in with it, and to start him on a steriod and humidifier. (I told Jenn no way to that, get the nebs which you can sterizle and reuse with out worrying about any bacterias growing when its not in use). Next worry now...me. What am I supposed to do? I've been exposed-very exposed-to this. I was loving on the baby, holding him, kissing him...and now he's sick. I'm scared. I'm trying not to freak out, but I can't help it. One hand, I'm terribly worried about him, and want him to get better so he doesn't have to breathe like that. On the other hand, what if I start to breathe like that? My first time out of town since transplant and now I've got to tell my doctors I've been exposed to Croup. They so are going to think I'm a horrible patient. So I called them, and waited pretty much all afternoon for them to call me back. In the meantime, we went and found Will the cutest nebulizer ever! It was a cow, with a barn bag carrying case! Um, hello, where was the cute stuff when I was little?! Super cute! And he did really, really well with it too. I'm a proud auntie =)
We then decided, since we're waiting, and I'm probley going home early, we should head to Old Navy while we have the chance. Of course, as soon as I get there they call to tell me my worst fear. Yes, I have to go home and to stay away from the baby. UGH! My trip just started, I've already been exposed-this was utterly frustrating!
While waiting for Jon to come get me, we got to go to the pool for a bit and have some fun. Otherwise, I felt like my trip got cut unfairly (to Will and I) short.
When I got home Friday night, I found out I had a funeral to go to early the next morning. George Nash, a.k.a Chief. He was an awesome man. He is the father of Jon's boss, the main man at Nash. I learned a lot about him that day too. How he never graduated 8th grade, then built from the ground up a multi-million dollar contracting company from the floor up. Amazing. When we got home, my dad was almost done cleaning out my garage! I was so happy for this! This is a project I cannot tackle on my own, and Jon will put it off until we move again lol...It looks so nice, I want to hang out in there!
Flashforward to today. My prograf was through the roof, regardless that we've dropped it so many times. My kidneys are taking a hard hit. We've stopped the Lisinopril and the Prograf for now. And I got back for more blood work maybe tomorrow, maybe today. I say maybe today because I just called the doc about another matter. My nose, since yesterday, has not stopped running. Its a typical psuedomonis sinus infection..ya know, the green smelly. And I'm tired damnit. Real real tired. And now I'm frustated because this is NOT the weekend I want to be in the hospital. I have a lot of fun plans coming up. My grandpa is coming Friday, Saturday..and then Sunday we're going to Jax beaches with the Kennen family. I've been so looking forward to this. I'm not in the mood to be trapped in a dark hospital. Remember, I'm supposed to be getting better-not worse! So this is it, every year this time I will be doomed with sinus infections. Grr...Let's see what they call back and say, until then- I'll eat my lunch and pack my bags.
P.S- The doc's just called back, I can wait until tomorrow to see them =) I'm going to start Neo/Afrin and Sudafed, and got to try and give a sputum tomorrow. We'll see what goes down, please keep your fingers crossed that I wake up tomorrow morning and miraculously everything is better =) (fingers and toes that is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment