Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Still Kicking

Well today I got some things figured out. Sort of. My Mom has done a lot of the hard work for me. I kind of gave up for a few hours yesterday. I threw in the towel. I had to work yesterday (thank God because if I stayed home I would've lost my mind even more so!). Before work I had to call Medicaid, yet again, to clarify that I should have Share of Cost (SOC). I had gone to the lady doc on Monday to get clearance for transplant, and they ran my insurance and it said again that I had HMO Medicaid. I was fuming, this was all supposed to be resolved on Friday. But by the time the appointment was over I was too late to call that day.


So Tuesday came and I had a few hours in the morning to do my treatments and get ready for work. So I called Medicaid to see what happened and where the mistake was - AGAIN! After being on hold off and on for 45 minutes (mind you, I'm on my cell phone) they told me I don't have SOC and I won't have it until June. Okay, I had been told that before. But I was also told they changed it. It didn't help that the lady was completely rude to me. She didn't understand that each time I talk to someone there, I hear a different story. Well, today I finally talked to DCF patients services and she was able to clarify everything. When I applied for the SOC, my husbands info was left out. I did not intend to 'mislead' them. We had asked several times while filling out the application at the DCF office if we should include him.  Each time the 16 year old attendant declared that because it was for me, he was to be left off. So we did just that. This is the whole reason things have been so confusing since then! Well, I gave them my husband's information and things should be cleared tomorrow.

I have to reach my SOC (which I found out is actually $1849) most likely in the beginning of the month for it to show that I have SOC, otherwise it will show I have Medicaid. So tomorrow I need to pick a pharmacy and get all my drugs ordered so that it can go into effect. Hopefully, this will allow Tampa to see that I have SOC and not Medicaid. It'd also help if the financial lady there would call me back, but that's a whole other blog. Are you confused yet? LOL....I hate that its this complicated, as if my health isn't complicated enough.

In the end, I've learned a lot in the past few days. I have an amazing family. My Mom took over and fought for me when I thought there was no use. She called Senators, e-mailed everyone, and made millions of phone calls. She is stronger than I am in so many ways. I'm not saying I don't think I'm worth the fight, but when it gets hard sometimes its easier to not deal with it. She gives me the strength to re-focus and refuel and get back on my game.

Tomorrow, my ear will hurt from the many phone calls I need to make. But I'm ready. I want these lungs, I want to breathe when I laugh. I want to be able to laugh. I feel I hold back because I know it will lead to choking. I want to be able to chase my dogs in the yard like they beg me to. I want to be able to pick up my baby cousin and chase the other at the same time. I'm ready. When I get down, and those nasty people try to keep me down, I need to bring myself back to those thoughts. I'm blessed to have the love and support I have. And I love everyone back just as much. Even if I never get listed- I know I am  loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment