Wednesday, November 17, 2010

some fun in the forecast

So my last clinic appointment was so GREAT! Things were all improved! My PFTs were 2.48L (again, 3 is my predicted) so it was a HUGE improvement. I think exercise has really helped. Also, my weight has been stable for over 3 weeks now =) There wasn't any changes to meds or anything dramatic. I just need to keep drinking....Predinsone is still a pain, I'm a fuzzy gorilla! lol...at least its blonde fuzz, right?
We also had a great day trip with the newlyweded Smiths. We enjoyed St.Augustine's St.George St. for the first time since I had gotten sick...Last time I was there I needed a motorized chair-which almost killed me-but thats another story. This time, I walked it with all smiles =) We then went to Aunt Kate's on the water (yummy!) and then played some Putt-Putt. I learned yet again I'm not the most athletic with a whooping +18 LOL...but I had a BLAST!!!
Also, we started Sarge in classes to be a Pet Therapy dog. He's doing great so far, and did really well at the West Muttster (a local dog fair). Henry did good too, minus the fact that he wants to jump on all dogs-no matter how big they are. Saturday is Sarge's first visit to a facitily, I think he'll be fine but I'm more nervous then him! He knows the medical equipment and all that, he's used to it on me, so we'll see how he does....
AND- the biggest thing of all is the Turkey Trott on Thanksgiving...What big day thanksgiving is to me this year. In 2001 I marched in the Macy's parade, only to get sick and never really bounce back 100%, this year-9 years later-I have new lungs and SO much to be thankful for. I didn't think last year that I would get to see Turkey day this year, but because of a selfless family, I will. I'm going to do the trott in hopes of completing it-not racing it-but finishing for my donor. Drag me across the line if you have to! And the coolest thing of all is my BFF growing my in SoFlo will be coming that weekend! I haven't seen her since I got hitched...I got a lot to look forward to, and I'm thankful for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment