Monday, December 6, 2010

Bittersweet

These past few weeks have been, well, bittersweet. I had a bronchoscopy on November 30 which found NO Aspergillus, but did find Influenza B. It was so weird too-I had absoultely no symptoms other than being tired, which I attributed to working out more. But they caught it early, and as of tonight I will finish my last dose of Tamiflu =) My PFT's also went up to 2.55L which is awesome! And of course the 2 most exciting things of the day: NO rejection and I get to go down on the Prednisone! All my meds stay the same too. I was pretty tickled with these results =)
The day after the bronch (12/1) Jon and I took Sarge to recieve his certificate as a Therapy Dog! We were some proud parents. Also, with the club we belong to (PAWS) we stuffed gift bags to deliver to the nursing homes. We had a ball, and Sarge was amazing!
Jump forward to the weekend which was especially bittersweet- my cousins are moving to Boston, and it was our last visit before they go. It kills me to think they are going to be so far away. Jenn has filled in as a big sister for me, and Jon and Matt are one-in-the-same. And as for the boys...I feel like I never have enough time with them anyway. My biggest worry is when they see us again (especially Will) he won't even recognize me =( I adore those kids! But Sunday brought a slight smile back to my face...
We went to the One Breath At A Time Christmas party for TGH. I got to meet some really inspiring people-and break the rules. LOL~ I'll clarify: You aren't supposed to eat at buffett style places, and you shouldn't go in public with a bunch of immune compromied patients and not wear a mask. But I was pretty good, I only took my mask off to eat, I think there was like 7 of the 100 that seemed to keep to the rule. I also got busted by the doc grabbing a red velvet cupcake (not even for me!)...He goes "Ok, so now we know why your blood sugars are insane" lol...I knew that was going to happen! After the party and all we headed home to relax.
I recently got some not so good news about family and very very close friends-its too fresh to share, but I'd like lots of prayers to be sent their way. They are AMAZING people and I adore the strength they have. I hope every one enjoys each embrace, each breathe, each smile, and each and every day. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment