Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Rumba Zumba!

So the past few weeks I've begun some training for this Turkey Trot 5K on Thanksgiving morning. Training is great- I feel awesome afterwards! But getting me to do it is hard. My body is lazy, but my lungs could go all day. I always am so grateful afterward that I did it, why can't I just be eager to start it? Jon trys to push me, but he doesn't like the exercise so much anymore lol. So last night, I went with a friend, Hope to try Zumba for the first time. I drove to Ocala very nervous this was going to be like latin's dancing franticly around me while I stood there lost and confused! But to my surprise, it wasn't. Everyone tried following the instructor, and if you couldn't you just shook your booty! It was a LOT of fun! I was reminded to of why my dancing career never took off lol- Arms alone are okay, Legs alone are okay-but if you want them both involved you can forget it! So now Jon and I are looking into this gym here locally that would offer cardio 4 days a week and Zumba once a week. I think having a class schdule helps motivate me too.
As for my health, things have been pretty good. I kind of hurt my tummy the other day doing sit ups, but I think I'm on the mends. I have a clinic appointment on the 10th, so hopefully things will be okay. My mind had come back since the last blog, since I was able to start the original med again. No more nervousness and no more panic attacks. Still having memory issues, but I'm learning how to cope with those (post its and note pads eveywhere). They even kept my changed meds the same until I see them again. So hopefully thats a good sign. At the end of the month I have a bronch-which if that comes back with good results I can then taper down on the Prednisone some more (PLEASE let it be good!)..Puffy face stinks, especially when you can't predict it or control it. The puffy feet are getting better and my sugars are on slight incline. Weight is good and stable (I'm buff cakes now haha). Oh, I have to share this moment with you:
At Zumba we were warming up, doing poses a lot like yoga. Breathe in. Hold it. Release. Well After the first deep breath in I got nervous and was like "Oh no, I won't be able to hold it long enough for the release". But I did! I held it and I wasn't about to pop either! It was amazing! My PFT's are now at the 2.29 range and I'm predicted to reach 3.0. Its so exciting...and I'm so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment