Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Don't get lost

I want to warn readers: YOU MAY GET LOST! My mind is racing, and it is probley not the best time to try and write. BUT, it is the only down time I have and I'll take advandtage of it.
The past week has been very stressful. Not only had I been told of the Aspergillous, but my new anti-anxiety med has made my anxiety worse! I couldn't sleep or finish a task without getting worried something was getting in the way or tripping me up. I'd walk in a room to hang clothes and see that the bathroom sink had streaks and would have to drop everything to clean it...leaving the laundry on the bed, waiting to go be hung. Then, go into the kitchen to get the Lysol to clean the sink and see there was a dish in the sink. Danger! I have to put it away immediately! Then, I touched the dishwasher-must wipe that down with Lysol too. Ok, back to the bedroom to hang the clothes. Uh-oh- Dogs need to go out, I'll let them out then finish clothes. Come back to clothes and finish hanging them only to realize I didn't swap laundy. Now the closet needs to be organized. The house cannot get clean enough. No matter what I do, the germs are surrounding me.
BUT According to one doc, this is not OCD. Though I was diagnosed a while ago. When I was on the EXR, my mind took a break-this had to be related to the drug switch.
So I went to the doc on Thursday, he instructed me to stop cold turkey. Which I was kind of glad of since I was getting lost in my own house. I got lost in the parking lot at Walmart-really lost. I had a panick attack and then like magic I realized where I was. This has to be the most scary mental state to be in. Every road sign and turn that should be familiar, doesn't look familiar until I'm a mile away. I double and triple check the locks in the house, make sure the air is turned up where it needs to be and wipe the counters and doorknobs continuously.I'm trapped! Not only this, but any little thing will make me cry. That new Taylor Swift song about the guy being the best thing thats ever been her's-bawl everytime!!! Vacuum broke-cried. Couldn't find my tweezers-cried. Jon didn't put the dishes away the "right" way-bawled. I'm an emotional basket case lol
Now I've been off the "new" drug for 6 days and I'm able to catch myself. If I stop, relax, and think things through I can get through the day. Even yoga is distracting me (on the hardwood floor at eye level its amazing the dirt and hair you see)! That day at clinic was so annoying too because the doctor said "maybe your not doing enough exercise". I could have screamed! I find EVERY possible way to exercise and get my heartrate up every day-several times a day. Granted I may smell like a pig farm from sweating with everythimg I do....but I'm on a mission damnit!
HAHAHA got to throw in my random thought. I'm sitting here at Panera (in an undisclosed Tampa location) and a man sat next to me about 5 minutes ago. Well, the doctor calls to discuss my poop. How do you discribe poo without knowing what I'm talking about! lol Too funny.
Ok, mind is going on a loop again (if it ever got off)-going to wrap up paperwork for my ENT appointment, which I'm really excited about!

No comments:

Post a Comment