Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Finally

Life is finally coming together! As you know, I had been having some issues with switching from Medicaid w/ HMO to just Share of Cost(SOC)...For some reason, they can only 1/2 get it right at that place! I've been told that the SOC was added, but the HMO cannot be removed until June 1st. Thank goodness the CF Freedom Pharmacy (a little shout out!) was able to send me my meds anyways, and back bill for them. They helped me out a lot. I had got home from a rough day, and there was a HUGE box on my door step filled to the brim with my meds. It was a little like Christmas for me =).So now, I wait until June 1st to come in hopes that all falls into place with no bumps in the road. I had involved Senator Nelsons office in the whole ordeal in hopes to expedite things, but at this point I am just fighting to get things switched 1-2 weeks sooner than they will be solved on their own. Anyways, it will be fine I'm sure!


June 2nd I have a CF clinic appointment. I'm kind of excited to meet (hopefully) Dr.Rolfe. I've heard awesome things about him. I also hope to catch up with some people in Tampa while I'm there. Everytime I go, I try to see who I can when I can.

So I've mentioned before I love where I work. And some people can't understand why...LOL...but here's a great reason: the people. The girls I work with have arranged a Yard Sale to help raise money for my transplant.(June 26/27, July 10/11, and July 24/25) in Lady Lake. Super excited about it, but mostly honored. I feel unworthy of such kindness-I just hope the girls know I would do it for them anytime too. I so hope to be healed quickly so I can go back to work there if they'll take me back! (July 7th I'll have been there 2 years!)

Also, another cool event coming up was arranged by my Father and Mother-in-Law. They've arranged a golf tourney July 17th (July will be a busy month for us!) in Ocala. Don't have all the details quite yet, but when I get them I'll get it posted. Again, I'm very honored they've taken the time to get this together for me. I love them just like my own parents...and not many can say that about their in-laws LOL.

Today, I'm feeling pretty chipper...saw my Dad, going to watch some shows I missed b/c I go to sleep so darn early, and then going to clean the house up. Can't wait to see the hubby and discuss what we're going to do with our little garden. Its SO cute! I can't wait to actually have food on it! The downside to it all, is I can't really help tooooo much, because M.R.S.A is in soil, and is potentially deadly to me...but I like to help pick what we plant and help with the landscaping.

Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well =) And please say a little prayer for a fellow CFer of mine Maureen (Mo). She's been battling an infection from her port that has knocked her off her feet pretty good. She's a survivor though, and I'm sure she'll be back to her sassy self soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment