Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Family

My family is pretty tough. In fact, tougher than I am. My Dad tells me stories of when I was just a little baby, and how I was always so sick. He was going shopping with my Mom and his Mom, but they left Dad and I in the car. I was still a baby, so Dad crammed himself into the backseat of the two door car to sit next to me. Once I started fussing, he picked me up-and I exploded like a time bomb! Out both ends, all over the poor guy! And he didn't even throw me! ...Now that is love!
Or what about the time I was in the hospital, I was about 14, and a nurse kept insisting that these two drugs could be combined-and I kept telling her they couldn't. Finally, at 4 a.m that morning, I called my Mom crying telling her to call someone quick because this RN was trying to kill me! Thank God my Mom is a RN too! Things got under control shortly after, but my Mom was there to answer my call immediately.
Then there was my little brother. Oh the fights we have fought! We're about 5 1/2 years apart and light years away in our thinking. But the one time I had appendicitis he was there. I could barely get out of the chair, and he carried me to the car, like a superhero, so I could get to the hospital. His girlfriend has even come to Leesburg to help me go shopping (no really, I needed help). LOL
And my cousin, Jenn...She recently had an experience with me, poor girl. After watching that tube being shoved down my nose and having myself leak out of every pore in my body, she still took me out to eat after! She was prepared to even stay the night with me! Only then did I really test her, when I had a reappearing act of my chicken and wild rice soup leap across the table, which she caught with a plate AND had no spills. Pretty nifty.
My Grandpa and his girlfriend Janette, they're pretty awesome too. Grandpa comes up with her bringing huge meals already made so Jon and I don't have to cook. And Grandpa is always entertaining!
My husband had to bathe me for a while. It was a definite change in our relationship. You are in love and committed when you get married, but when you bathe,dress, and clean up puke from the one you love-its a whole other level. He has had to see things that scare even me. And when he got sick,the ONE time he has, I was a nervous wreck! How does he do it?
My family has done this stuff for me out of love. Maybe I've only mentioned a little here, but its more than anyone would careor have time to read about. And as much love as they give, I feel I could never be able to show my gratitude. They have helped me survive. They are why I survive. And I'll keep pushing for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment