Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ready for home

So I had my teaser at home...and now I want it back! LOL This weekend is the Golf Tournament too, but I don't think I'll be making an appearence. I have the Nisan surgery tomorrow (or at least thats the rumor) but then they like to keep me on antibiotics for a day or two after and make sure everything is ok. The surgeon seems awesome-I've been impressed with every doctor I've met here, which is relieving.
So as I sit here, I think about all the things I want to do..and I know I have to "recover" fully to do them...but man I'm antsy. Never in my life have I been able to breathe this easy. My muscles in my legs however, are still very shaky. I lost a lot of muscle mass and weight from all this. I think once the GERD is under control and I'm fully healed I'll be able to get back to a healthy weight. I don't look sickly, but clothes don't fit =( I worry now about the house...I usually ran it when I was home, but I've been gone 3 weeks-and Jon doesn't handle that stuff well, plus he's stressed with me being going through all of this. I'm keeping my fingers crossed its not too horrible when I get back. We had a lot of help from our families getting things cleaned (not that we're messy-in fact, were super clean but we have 2 dogs).I miss those doggies too, especially Henry! He's only 8 months and I want to bond with him.Sarge I know has missed me because when I was home he wouldn't leave my ankles. He was always by my side before transplant when I was sick, he is a very intuitive dog. He would get Jon if I was calling him from another room, or sit in the bathroom next to me while I hugged the toliet. He's a special dog, he needs us like we need him. Henry on the other hand- he just needs anybody...belly rubs are his best friend, and he loves being held. Jon says he's calmed down a lot. He is a hyper puppy and always picks on Sarge (poor kid). Anyhow, I'll stop rambling on..
I wanted to say thank you. To those who showed up for the transplant and waited those painful 6 or 7 hours. How boring! But knowing I had support out there helped. And when I was on the vent and Dad and Jon told me who all was there, I was touched. Honored. I only wish I could have visited with everyone. How far everyone had to come and everything-it means a lot. I had no idea that I was out for a day and a half-kind of weird they can do that to someone right? My body now is slowly but surely waking up...little things like coughing, going to the bathroom,eating...it all had to be kind of "woken up". I'm on a LOT of medications right now to make my body run.I've got stuff to control my bowels, my sugars, my everything-its crazy. I have a cup full of meds every morning! The good news is at home I don't take nearly as much. It is almost the same as what I was taking before, just different meds.The hardest part about being in the hospital? Not being able to see people I know, being far from home, not being able to take care of the house. And I miss work! I think later today I'll walk down to the water again...even though its so hot, I never see water where I live (minus the lakes). I guess that's a nice part of being in Tampa lol..I have a view of the bay from my room, with skyscrapers too- feel like I'm in the big city haha! Cool thing that happened the other day, Jon was here and he told this joke (I won't repeat b/c it was kind of rude) but I was laughing so hard..LAUGHING! no coughing! I loved it..it still kind of sore, so that part hurt but to laugh like that...it was beautiful. I wish all my Cystic Fibrosis friends get the chance to do that. Nothing like laughter =)

No comments:

Post a Comment